Monday, September 1, 2014
Sunday, August 31, 2014
This post also includes my Super Bowl pick!
Vote for who you think will win the NFC at the Bottom of this page.
NFC East - One Trick Pony.
1. Philadelphia Eagles (11-5) - The Eagles will be in front of the NFC East's class this season.
2. New York Giants (9-7) - The Giants pre-season record will not be indicative of how they will do in the regular season. I can't see them doing any better than 9-7. Will that be good enough to be a Wild Card team? You'll have to read the rest of the article to find out.
3. Dallas Cowboys (8-8) - The 2014 campaign will leave Jerry Jones making the case for expanded playoffs and the necessity of adding two more teams to the playoffs.
4. Washington Football Team (7-9) - Washington will start the season 2-0 but will see them succumb to the rest of the schedule and having another disappointing season.
NFC North - It's all about cheese in this division.
1. Green Bay Packers (11-5) - Green Bay won't have much of a competition for the top spot in the Snorris.
2. Minnesota Vikings (9-7) - Many people aren't sold on the Vikings. The Vikes had some nail biters last season and had the team had a credible coaching staff that didn't mortgage the season on Christian Ponder, the Vikings could have had a winning season.
3. Chicago Bears (7-9) - Cutler will be Cutler and that means throwing interceptions and getting injured. They should have kept that backup, you know his name...Oh yeah, his name is Josh McCown.
4. Detroit Lions (5-11) - My oh my, this will be a typical season for the kitties.
NFC South - Sizzling
1. New Orleans Saints (13-3) - The Saints will regain some of the glory they saw a few seasons ago.
2. Carolina Panthers (11-5) - The Panthers will make the race for the top spot in the south an exciting one.
3. Tampa Bay (4-12) - The only competitive part of this season for the Bucs will be their battle with Atlanta for the 3rd spot in the division.
4. Atlanta Falcons (3-13) - The Falcons will make Hotlanta very cold and will lose just about everything, including the battle for third spot in the division.
NFC West - Most competitive division in the NFC
1. Seattle Seahawks (13-3) - The Hawks will be looking in their rear view mirror once again.
2. San Francisco 49ers (11-5) - Despite some setbacks on defense with a couple of players enjoying the criminal life instead of the NFL life, the team will still be good enough for the second seed in the West.
3. St. Louis Rams (8-8) - The loss of Bradford will be too much for the Rams to overcome but the defense will keep this team competitive.
4. Arizona Cardinals (4-12) - Where is Dennis when you need him for a laugh or two.
NFC Wild Card Teams - Carolina & San Francisco.
NFC Champions - Seattle Seahawks over New Orleans Saints.
Super Bowl Champions - New England Patriots over Seattle Seahawks.
Super Bowl Champions poll.
Saturday, August 30, 2014
Sam had a very good preseason and I believe he deserves a shot at making an NFL team.
What do you think?
Friday, August 29, 2014
This year I'm doing things a little differently. Instead of releasing the full NFL predictions (AFC & NFC), the predictions will be released in two installments.
I will start with the AFC in this installment and you can look for the NFC predictions by the end of the long weekend. The NFC predictions will include the Super Bowl champion pick.
Vote for who you think will win the AFC at the Bottom of this page.
Now for the picks.
1. New England Patriots (12-4) - The Patriots will have an improved defense and will be a very tough team to beat in 2014. They will bolt out the blocks from the start of the season and will not look back. It will be tough for the other AFC teams to keep up with them and they won’t.
1. Baltimore Ravens (11-5) - The Ravens will narrowly win the division. The Ravens will be a contender in the AFC.
AFC West - 2014 will be a repeat of 2013.
1. Denver Broncos (12-4) - The Broncos will be head of the class in this division again in 2013.
2. Kansas City Chiefs (10-6) - KC won't have as explosive a year as last season but they will be in the mix.
3. San Diego Chargers (8-8)- San Diego will be neither here nor there in 2014.
4. Oakland Raiders (6-10) - 2014 will be more of the same for the silver and black but they will see their wins total increase by 2.
AFC wild card teams: Cincinnati Bengals and Kansas City Chiefs.
AFC Champions - New England over Indianapolis.
Those are my AFC picks for 2014. Let us know what you think. We should have the NFC picks by the end of the weekend.
Sunday, August 24, 2014
Maybe you want our opinion about in-game decisions made by your favorite team or player moves that your team made.
You might want to know our opinion about a particular story involving your favorite player or maybe you want to know our opinion about decisions made by your favorite professional sports league.
Send us your ideas about a story for the weekly challenge and if we think your idea is the best one of the week, we will feature an opinion based on your idea and mention you in the article (your Twitter Handle) and also Tweet about your idea winning the weekly challenge.
To take part in the weekly challenge you must have a Twitter account and you must send us your idea(s) via a direct message on Twitter or by emailing your idea to email@example.com. The winning idea for the week will be mentioned on Twitter and will be Tweeted to your handle!
So take the Sportmentary Twitter Follower Challenge and get into the game! The challenge begins...NOW!
Monday, August 11, 2014
Ward Left His Car
Tony Stewart Was Behind another Car That Was Able to Avoid Ward
Ward Was Wearing Black
Kevin Ward Jr. was wearing a black race suit. From the video (above) it looks like it would be hard for another driver to see Ward, especially if a driver's view of Ward was blocked. It was night time and the black suit was not easy to see.
I'm not a professional race car driver so I don't know for sure but my guess is that it would be hard to see another racer on the track if that racer was wearing a black race suit, it was dark that night and I was behind another car.
Obviously professional race car drivers have better reaction time than I do and are trained to react in a second or less at high speeds to avoid possible danger. I'm sure when the danger isn't greatly visible the reaction to dangerous situations is much more difficult.
Track Was Poorly Lit (It was Night Time)
It is being reported that the track was poorly lit on Saturday night. You can see that in the video. I had a hard time seeing what exactly happened. I can't see how you can prove negligence or intent in the video that I saw. Maybe in the coming days new video will surface that will provide us with more facts about what happened. Until that happens I can only go by what I saw in the video above.
I think that it's obvious that the lighting on the track was poor. Hopefully track officials around the country will work to provide better lighting for night races. Everything needs to be done to prevent this type of accident from occurring again.
Stewart Has Entered the Track Before (So What?)
With all the facts that I saw in the video (Ward leaving car, track being poorly lit, Stewart behind another car, etc.), I can't conclude that this was anything but an accident. It doesn't look like this was an intentional or even a negligent act on the part of Stewart but I don't know.
There aren't enough facts for me to ascertain that Steward acted in an inappropriate manner. What I do know is that this incident is a tragedy. A young man, with a promising career is gone. That's terrible and extremely unfortunate.
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
I believe that one of the only ways that Washington will change its nickname is if Snyder is forced to do so. That would mean that the NFL would have to ban the name. For that to happen, the NFL would actually have to take a stand against such a horrible and demeaning name. The NFL has failed to do anything to force a name change.
Original Owner a Racist
Daniel is either a complete and utter idiot, ignorant or a piece of garbage racist that is refusing to rid his team of what I believe is a racist name. I'll let you decide what he is but I don't believe he is an idiot or ignorant. Well maybe he isn't a racist...maybe he thinks keeping the name is a money making proposition.
So it's all about money isn't Dan? It sickens me that Snyder feels the need to defend such a horrible and demeaning name.
Is Snyder a good Person?
I'm Jewish like Daniel. If someone called me a derogatory name because of my religion I would be offended. Sure the ant-Semite that offended me could visit a few synagogues and have a few people who kiss their feet and tell them the name honors and respects them but a decent human being would scoff at such a suggestion.
Snyder Should Quit While He's Behind
As I said earlier, I'm not sure if he's a good person but I believe that he is portraying himself as a disgusting person. The more he opens his mouth the more I think he is proving the point that many people believe and that's that his team's name disparages Native Americans.
It makes me sick to my stomach that in this day in age in the greatest country on earth, we could have an owner who is allowed to have a team nickname that is derogatory to Native Americans.
I hope that someday, Daniel is forced to change his team's name. I don't believe he will do the decent thing and change it all by himself. I believe that if the name is changed it will be due to Snyder being forced to do so.